Lanzarote Family Holidays
Excursions and activities for families
Lanzarote for Families - Best Things to Do, Resorts and More
The best time of the year is approaching. This time the family vacation will take you to Lanzarote. You have found a great all-inclusive family resort and you are already looking forward to spending time with your loved ones on the Canary Island. Lanzarote is indisputably one of the holiday destinations that offer ideal conditions for families, because the weather is sunny and warm all year round. In addition, many of wide and bright sandy beaches are family-friendly as they are low-current and hardly have any waves. Therefore, you can plan bathing days on one of the wonderful beaches at any time of the year. The calm shores of the Atlantic are ideal especially for families with younger children.
In addition to the beach, Lanzarote offers countless other ways to be active in particular for families. Family vacation first and foremost means to experience something great together, like going on excursions and visiting the sights of the island. You can easily do all of this on your own by rental car. Or you can also choose from a wide range of guided excursions. All you have to do is select the right one for you and your loved ones and all the rest will be organized for you. Read in this article what awaits you as a family in Lanzarote, all you can do and get the best tips for a successful holiday.
- Organized family excursions
- Note when booking
- The best resorts for family vacations in Lanzarote
- The best attractions for families
- The best family hotels in Lanzarote
- Our excursions sorted by age
Family Activities in Lanzarote
What Are the Best Things to Do For Families in Lanzarote?
In most cases, a family vacation is synonymous to travelling with children or even toddlers. For this reason, some operators also offer enough things to do for the somewhat smaller guests. Our website is specifically designed to provide comprehensive and transparent information about the excursions for children. For this reason we have sorted the excursions according to the minimum age for children at the end of the article. In this way you can quickly get a first overview and can pre-select which excursions are suitable for you and your children in first place.
A Hike With the Family
Lanzarote undoubtedly is the right island for nature lovers and explorers. The still young volcanic past has left behind a multitude of impressive natural monuments. These can perfectly be explored on a guided hiking tour. The guide knows all the secrets of the island and will be happy to share his knowledge with you. You exciting discovery journey, takes you over mighty volcanoes, through long mysterious lava tubes and to steep cliffs with breathtaking views of the sea and the beautiful island.
A Buggy Tour With the Family
These cheeky little speedsters are open, have no windshield or doors and just seem to be waiting for you to get in and get going. In the front next to the driver seat there is always a place available to sit for children from the age of 7. But also your partner can use this seat to initially ride as a passenger, and then later on perhaps also taking over the steering wheel for a while. Buggy tours in Lanzarote are definitely family-friendly and will certainly provide a lot to talk about afterwards.
Searching For Dolphins and Whales
This can be one of the best experiences you can have as a family. Embark together on an adventurous expedition across the vast Atlantic Ocean in search of whales and dolphins. The encounter with these fabulous marine creatures in their natural habitat will inevitably make all hearts beat faster. The fun and enthusiasm of your children when the dolphins jump through the bow wave and accompany your boat part of the way is simply unforgettable.
A Visit to the Neighboring Island Fuerteventura
You can already see the big sister island Fuerteventura from the south coast of Lanzarote very well. The two Canary Islands are so close together that it makes a day trip to Fuerteventura with the whole family really worthwhile. After all, you can get there really quickly with the offered bus or boat tours. The so called Island Hopping is an excellent opportunity to also get to know some of the most beautiful sights of the neighboring island.
What Should You Pay Attention to When Booking?
If you have found one or more suitable excursions for yourself and your family, you should not ignore these four important points:
- Transfer from the hotel: Ideally, you shouldn't have to worry about anything during your tour. Therefore, a hotel transfer is an excellent option. Most operators offer hotel pickup as an inclusive service. Sometimes, however, this service may depend on where you are spending your vacation. For that reason, you should make sure if a hotel transfer takes place and from where.
- Conditions for children: Some operators require a minimum age or a minimum size for children to participate in their activities. It is therefore essential to check whether you can find the relevant information.
- Maximum group size: If you are going to spend your vacation on Lanzarote with several family members, check if everyone can actually participate. Be aware as some activities having very limited capacities. For example, the number of participants for the Polaris Slingshot Tour is limited to only 6 people.
- Availability: Depending on the season, the demand for certain excursions increases dramatically. During this time, it often happens that all spaces are fully booked for days in advance. We therefore recommend that you book your desired excursions, before starting your holiday, on our website. In this way you can secure your places.
The above information can be found in detail and the descriptions of our activities under the points “Please Note!” and “Services & Prices”.
All Inclusive Family Vacation Lanzarote
Where Is the Best Resort For Family Holidays in Lanzarote?
Various holiday resorts have emerged in the southern part of Lanzarote and along its east coast, which have perfectly adapted to tourism. Among these places there are some that are particularly suitable for a family vacation. Costa Teguise with its family hotels which border on wonderful dream beaches is among the best resorts in Lanzarote for families without a doubt. But families can also be really comfortable in Puerto del Carmen. It offers white sandy beaches and Rancho Texas Lanzarote Park is just a stone's throw away. While in the south of the island you will find great, family-friendly hotels in Playa Blanca and the nearby Papagayo beaches are among the most beautiful on the island.
What Are the Best Family Attractions in Lanzarote?
Below the list of attractions and landmarks that you must have visited as a family:
- Rancho Texas Lanzarote Park: This Park is the ideal destination for a whole day of fun, action and experiences. This place has been created as a zoo, amusement park and water park at same time. See the colorful world of the botanical garden and meet exotic animals. Then whiz down one of the giant slides into the water and go on a safari on the funny camels.
- Aqualava in Playa Blanca: The water park is open all year round and invites you to enjoy entertaining family days. Huge water slides push your blood pressure up. You can splash around in the pools as long as you like, even in the winter months, because the pool heating always ensures a feel-good temperature.
- Timanfaya National Park: Embark on an exciting journey into the volcanic past of the island. In the Timanfaya National Park you get the chance to explore the impressive volcanic landscape. You will be amazed at how powerful the steam fountain shoots out of the holes in the ground when water is poured into them.
- Caleta de Famara: The small village can be found in the northwest of Lanzarote. Located at the foot of the Famara massif, it offers a breathtaking backdrop. On top of that; its beach is also a paradise for kitesurfers. Countless paragliders fly in the air, painting colorful dots into the bright blue sky.
Are There Family Hotels in Lanzarote?
When a hotel is referred to as family-friendly or as a family resort, it primarily means that the communal facilities are especially geared towards children. Families with children can certainly spend their vacation in Lanzarote in almost every hotel. So what distinguishes a good family hotel? You can recognize a family-friendly hotel by the following services:
- A pool area with separate areas for children
- Childcare and animation
- Play and leisure facilities on the hotel premises
- Large rooms with extra space for cots
- All inclusive offer
- Location of the hotel near a beach
- Reduced prices for children
Here is a small list of the best family hotels in Lanzarote:
- HD Beach Resort & Spa, Costa Teguise
- Be Live Experience Lanzarote Beach, Costa Teguise
- H10 Lanzarote Princess, Playa Blanca
- Seaside Los Jameos, Puerto del Carmen
The above list is based on internet research, for the correctness of which we cannot guarantee.
Tours and Excursions for Families in Lanzarote
Excursions and Activities Without Minimum Age
Season: All‑season Days: Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday Duration: 7 hours An exciting expedition in safari style into fascinating volcanic landscapes. The volcanic imprint is omnipresent in the south of Lanzarote. With the 4x4 convertible minibus, which is like a…explore
Season: All‑season Days: Monday, Wednesday, Friday Duration: 7 hours Discover a Lanzarote that remains hidden to many. The all-terrain convertible minibus in Jeep style make it possible. Your adventurous route takes you off the usual tourist beaten tracks…explore
Season: All‑season Days: Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday Duration: 3,5 hours Embark to this awesome boat trip to the exceptionally beautiful Papagayo Beaches during your holiday in Lanzarote. Go kayaking, snorkeling or just relax on the inflatables. Drinks and food…explore
Excursions and Activities With a Minimum Age of 2 Years
Excursions and Activities With a Minimum Age of 5 Years
Excursions and Activities With a Minimum Age of 6 Years
Excursions and Activities With a Minimum Age of 7 Years
Season: All‑season Days: Daily except Sunday Duration: 5,5 hours An exhilarating tour through the beautiful Lanzarote with the unique Polaris Slingshot. The open roadster on 3 wheels undoubtedly provides a unique driving experience and driving pleasure without…explore
Season: All‑season Days: Daily except Sunday Duration: 3,5 hours An exhilarating tour through the beautiful Lanzarote with the unique Polaris Slingshot. The open roadster on 3 wheels undoubtedly provides a unique driving experience and driving pleasure without…explore
Season: All‑season Days: Daily except Sunday Duration: 2,0 hours An exhilarating tour through the beautiful Lanzarote with the unique Polaris Slingshot. The open roadster on 3 wheels undoubtedly provides a unique driving experience and driving pleasure without…explore
Excursions and Activities With a Minimum Age of 8 Years
Season: October to April Days: Thursday Duration: 6,5 hours Conquer the volcanic craters of the impressive Famara massif. This guided hiking tour across the mighty rock wall, which rises 500 m from the Atlantic Ocean, offers spectacular panoramic…explore
Season: All‑season Days: Wednesday, Friday Duration: 5 hours Cross solidified the lava flows and climb the volcanic cones of Lanzarote. Discover the wonderful world of volcanoes: Lava canals, volcanic tunnels, cold lava seas and spectacular craters. This is…explore
Excursions and Activities With a Minimum Age of 10 Years
Excursions and Activities With a Minimum Age of 12 Years
Season: All‑season Days: Daily except Sunday Duration: 3 hours An exhilarating quad tour through the volcanic landscape of Lanzarote’s fascinating neighboring island of Fuerteventura. It is known that the excitement increases with the extension of the off-road track…explore
Excursions and Activities With a Minimum Age of 14 Years
Excursions and Activities With a Minimum Age of 16 Years
Season: All‑season Days: Temporary not available Duration: 3,5 hours Thanks to modern e‑bike technology, you can discover the unique vineyards of Lanzarote in a comfortable manner, even by bicycle. This sightseeing bike tour with tasting is also really fun…explore